A leading global producer of specialty chemicals for water-intensive industries, including the pulp, paper, oil and gas, chemical processing, mining, biorefining, power and municipal markets. The company’s product portfolio includes a broad array of process, functional and water treatment chemistries as well as state-of-the-art monitoring and control systems. These technologies are used by customers to improve operational efficiencies, enhance product quality, protect plant assets and minimize environmental impact. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, the company has 41 manufacturing facilities strategically located around the globe and employs a team of approximately 5,200 professionals in 120 countries across five continents.
The Director Global Sourcing position will lead and manage the Global Sourcing Center of Excellence team and partner with Regional Sourcing Leadership and the extended Supply Chain Leadership teams to create a Best in Class Sourcing Organization, capable of creating significant and sustainable value across the organization. This role will also provide consistent processes, reporting and tools and develop streamlined processes to enable the Sourcing team to meet overall Financial, Service and Quality objectives.
- Lead the overall Global Direct and Indirect Sourcing transformation to ensure a best in class Global Sourcing organization; create guidelines for championing communications, tracking, reporting and overall assessment of key performance metrics, root-cause analysis and corrective action plans (as necessary); collaborate with Global Sourcing leadership to develop annual targets and performance metrics; work with Finance/Business Analysis to develop annual plans, savings targets, and departmental budget.
- Manage the Global Sourcing Operations team, with responsibilities for people management, recruiting, performance management, and development of the team. Work with Global Sourcing Leadership Team to identify priorities; develop and implement the specific initiatives that will move the Sourcing Organization to be best in class.
- Partner with the Finance/Business Analysis team in the development, implementation and reporting requirements of key metrics for sourcing organization effectiveness; establish clear and measurable goals that challenge sourcing to continuously improve using financial and quantitative data to manage; direct and develop sourcing process disciplines and management systems necessary to achieve objectives.
- Coordinate the Global Direct and Indirect Sourcing teams with best practices, process improvements, strategic sourcing, spend classification, spend data enrichments, reporting, savings pipeline development, negotiations, contracts management, policies, procure-to-pay, new supplier creation, supplier due diligence, training, and technology platforms
- Develop an environment of robust collaboration and teamwork across Global Sourcing and with key internal and external stakeholder partners (e.g. Planning, Engineering, Manufacturing, Logistics, Distribution, Finance, IT, Legal, EHS & Product Regulatory, Internal Audit, Marketing, and supplier base); lead cross-functional savings and cash initiatives to drive value for the company.
- Lead organizational benchmarking assessments for Global Sourcing; identify strategy, select solutions, support knowledge management, and lead implementation of best-in-class sourcing platforms and practices; including data management, contract management, SRM, spend analytics, ERPs, e-Procurement/e-Sourcing solutions and collaborative planning tools.
- Develop and enhance policies and procedures to support cost savings initiatives and improved compliance to company processes; ensure that KPIs are tracked, reviewed and reported accurately and on-time for Direct and Indirect Sourcing metrics; develop templates and tracking mechanisms to ensure that the Global Sourcing teams are managing categories of spend in a best-in-class, professional manner. This includes development and ongoing management of commodity strategies, input pricing models, commodity and currency market tracking.
- Conduct training needs analysis for Global Sourcing teams and suppliers on a regular basis; deliver training on key sourcing technologies, including eSourcing, contract management, supplier collaboration, spend analytics, procure-to-pay, ERP and supplier master; ensure that sourcing processes are in compliance with company standards, internal controls and work with internal audit to ensure testing of controls and completion of internal audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Economics, Engineering, or a related business discipline; MBA a plus
- 7-10 years of relevant functional experience with a focus on strategic sourcing, procurement, supply chain, process excellence, and project/program management. Consulting experience preferred
- Prior experience with ERPs, supply chain collaboration and e-procurement tools such as SAP, Ariba, Tableau and others
- Proven track record of driving results, ability to influence and work collaboratively in cross-regional and cross-functional teams
- Process design and improvement experience
- Experience leading and managing a team
- Experience in a fast-moving consumer goods company with hands-on results orientation
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills