This position is responsible for managing the production Lottery system for the Delaware State Lottery. This position is also responsible for the communication, collaboration, and coordination of ongoing Operations Support provided to the Lottery. The Operations Manager reports to the General Manager and will serve as the main technical point of contact for the Lottery and internal technical support teams.
- Manages and maintains the production systems and facility with responsibility for scheduling, managing and execution of preventative maintenance, repair, and necessary upgrades for all site systems and other facility support equipment.
- Oversees the maintenance of current and accurate inventory of all software, hardware, scripts, procedures, and requirements specifications.
- Manage the Operations group to ensure all responsibilities are being performed.
- Ability to Hire/Fire Employees
- Maintains established Operations, and Network policies, procedures, and objectives
- Communicate with internal and external customers concerning operational issues.
- Works closely with Network personnel to effectively maintain our Local and Wide area networks.
- Proficiently operates all equipment.
- Looks for ways to improve operations.
- Assists in the development and training of staff.
- Notify appropriate senior personnel and management of all unusual conditions as required
- Provides first tier support for all incidents, manages and coordinates all necessary technical support until the issue has been fully resolved
- Coordinates, manages, and performs ongoing and continuous training of other company employees on the monitoring and operation of the system, conducting of Quality Assurance Testing for Software Releases, Operational Processes and Procedures, and other related tasks and duties required to maintain a complex set of systems with maximum reliability
- Ensures highest level of customer satisfaction and support
- Develops, manages, stores, and maintains all necessary software requirements specifications required to maintain compliance with NASPL Best Practices
- Schedules, manages and executes all required customer projects and tasks in an organized and punctual manner to ensure that all company and contractual requirements are met
- Manages and oversees progress for all customer and corporate, system research requests to ensure accuracy, prompt delivery and overall customer satisfaction.
- Works with customer to identify and document deficiencies of software, and manages software change request system including opening and closing RFA’s (Requests for Action)
- Works with customer to develop software releases and prioritizing RFA requests into available release cycles
- Attends Account Status meetings and provides update on account support activities as necessary
- Assists the SG team with other customer related requests, issues and concerns as requested
- Oversees the planning, scheduling, coordination, management, and execution of all system software testing as necessary to ensure on-time delivery and implementation of software releases that meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Oversees the preparation and execution of test scripts and test cases and documents testing results
- Make recommendations on quality and readiness of software releases
- Opens software change requests for defects identified during software testing
- Performs these job functions and all other duties as assigned
- On Call 24/7 for operational support
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in computer science and/or 5 years of data center work experience
- Five years of experience in the industry with strong emphasis on systems hardware and network communications.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products. Strong leadership and communications skills.
- Preferred experience using Unix, Linux, and Windows Server Operating Systems, SQL Servers, and the development of database queries and scripting
- Preferred previous management experience
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, and capable of understanding, interpreting, and relaying highly complex technical matters to the customer, management, and technical support teams as necessary.
- Ability to remain calm, cool and collected during incidents and other periods of high stress to ensure that the ongoing incident details are communicated in a clear and concise fashion enabling a timely resolution.
- Ability to prioritize, manage and deliver multiple, and often overlapping time sensitive projects
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Detail oriented
- Ability and availability to provide 24 hour on-call support as needed
- Ability to lift 30 lbs
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, stretch at a minimum of 50% of the time for any or all of the movements described.
|Job Category||IT, Manager|