Responsible for the development, implementation, and administration of all aspects of sales/incentive compensation programs. Partners with the senior leaders teams to effectively leverage sales compensation and incentive programs to achieve organizational objectives.
- Ensures sales/incentive compensation programs support sales strategic objectives and comply with internal compliance requirements
- Leads all aspects of sales/incentive compensation planning, design & administration
- Manages the implementation, and administration of the sales/incentive compensation plans with internal partners and external vendors
- Assess sales/incentive plan effectiveness to ensure plan objectives are met. Evaluate and recommend improvements to optimize plan effectiveness
- Providing leadership on compensation initiatives and interactions with senior management
- Managing competitive compensation practices that support the business strategy
- Preparing annual sales/incentive compensation budget planning
- Documenting, recommending & ensuring effective sales compensation process controls
- Leading the completion of major compensation projects, sales compensation strategy & plan redesign, competitive market research, survey management, job classification reviews, and implementation of new compensation tools and systems/platforms
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent; Masters Degree preferred
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience; 4+ years related to sales compensation design, administration, analysis, or relevant consulting experience
- Prior management/supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent administrative, organizational and analytical skills (with proficiency in Excel)
- Ability to understand sales processes and compensation concepts
- Customer focused with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong program management skills, with experience leading high visibility projects
- Strong communication skills with experience presenting complex topics to an executive level
- Strong negotiating skills in order to reach consensus reasonable solutions with stakeholders
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships, influence decisions and manage change up to senior management levels
- Experience with commercial sales compensation platforms/packages
- Provides guidance on various types of compensation design including but not limited to, variable, incentive, direct, and executive.
- Designs and maintains formal compensation plan documents.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
|Job Category||Manager, Sales|