A closer look at this position:
Develop business opportunities and sales for Institutional Banking products sold to High Net Worth clients through Financial Advisors in the assigned region/territory. Products include SBLOC, IBLOC, Advisor Acquisition SBL lending and future products.
As a VP Business Development Officer, you will:
- Call advisors within the assigned territory regarding products, e.g. SBLOC, and services. Handle existing client and prospect questions and ensuring that all direct sales-related support is provided in a timely and efficient manner.
- Develop and implement a strategic sales plan for financial advisors and affiliated with broker/dealers or other distribution networks in the assigned territory. Activities include identifying new sales prospect and aggressively driving business growth.
- Drive prospects through to contract award, including proposal presentation and successful implementation of the product with their clients.
- Build, deepen and maintain high level contacts with current and prospective business partners to increase market penetration and brand recognition. Meet one-on-one with prospects and senior executives to educate them on the advantages of the products for their clients.
- Deliver presentations on Institutional banking products and services to financial advisors and their clients to grow the business in the region.
- Identify and attend relevant industry and regional events and trade shows to network and develop new business opportunities. Use conferences to increase brand recognition and product penetration in the assigned regions.
- Create practical and profitable financial solutions for clients using institutional products and services. Assist clients with how best to position and use the products with their clients.
- Develop methods to enhance sales effectiveness by formulating and implementing successful market strategies for the territory.
- Increase product sales and ensure the short, medium and long term profitability of the portfolio of products. Regularly review product usage reports in the territory, tier clients as needed based on their product usage and develop strategies to increase product usage across all client groups.
- Build strong working partnerships with the internal teams supporting institutional banking products, services and operations to ensure a successful sale and client experience. Resolve issues as needed by acting as a primary liaison between the client and company.
- Maintain awareness of financial industry trends and position company products effectively as market conditions evolve.
- Meet monthly goals for outbound calls, campaigns and other related sales initiatives.
- Manage territory pipeline.
- Update and record all sales activities and plans in the appropriate systems. Regularly provide status reports on the activities and results to the management team.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
You’ve got what it takes, if your credentials include:
- An undergraduate degree in a related field.
- A minimum of 10+ years related experience in the wealth management, brokerage, lending and/or investment management industries.
- Financial services sales experience with emphasis on working with RIA’s (Registered Investment Advisors) preferred.
- Extensive lending knowledge and experience.
- Strong working knowledge of sales, customer service and financial services industry
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Salesforce
- Occasional travel may be required to cover assigned geographic region
|Job Category||Remote, Vice President|